I left one day before Jetta's birthday, although I was so glad I was able to do her birthday extravaganza. Anyway, I guess they had a fun day. I'll let Rob, who explained it to me, describe it:
"In the middle of the night Jennetta came in after
having turned on her light. I let her sleep in the bed, figuring it was
her birthday. I woke up to the kids talking downstairs (it was about 8:10).
I went down to put the Monkey bread in
the oven. When Jennetta turned on her light, the balloon in her room
had wound itself around the fan, so hopefully that wasn’t a bad thing.
Good thing the motor didn’t heat up too much. With a breakfast of
sausages, frozen waffles and Monkey Bread as well
as chocolate milk, we were ready to tackle the day. The girls set up a
throne for her and gave her things to eat on serving dishes while
watching Dr. Who’s Blink. Savannah came over and that ended the
undivided attention given to Jennetta. It was rough on
her only a few times. I made them play with her a few times. I finished
two books, which is one less than I wanted. We went to Pizza Pie Café at 3:30
to catch the lunch menu in time. We made it just in time, since our car
battery had died (various kids got
blamed). Good thing we had Jake’s car to jump us. While finding the
jumper cables, we found the lost Kindle charging cord that we’ve been
looking for for the last few months. At the Pizza place, we gorged on pizza
until getting somewhat sick. I took the kids
home to watch Sherlock as I took Jennetta shopping. Before leaving I
thought another good present would be to fix up her bike, so we did that
as well. She helped twist bolts on to the bike and we got her a new
tire and training wheels. She was a bit nervous
at first, but she took to it quite fast. I then mowed the lawn while
Abby and Skylar entertained the youngest kids and the older kids watched
Psych. Then we opened up presents (which Jennetta told me was her
favorite part of the day). We spoiled her with
all sorts of gifts. The we sat down for an eye-rolling film in the
Barbie franchise."
And then Jetta said this herself on Sunday in her journal: "I had a birthday party. I got dresses and a skirt. We went on a treasure hunt. I ate cucakes and Abby, Shaely, Chance, Capri and Jon came over. I got two more dresses and I got cake and a tun of fun presents: legos, stamps, dresses, a fairy polly pocket, makeup and jewelry. I watched a movie. It was fun."
For the rest of the time, I guess the kids helped Rob who had to dad and work simetaneously, went to school, went to the school carnvial, saw Steven and Savanna, had movie nights, got ready for school pictures, went to the temple open house, played their last soccer games, had activity days and mutual and went on individual dates with Rob. He's a pretty awesome guy like that.
I'll write a bit from each of the other kids' journals to give you a taste of their experience.
From Cecily on Sept. 14: "It was Jetta's birthday and Savanna came. We had a lot of fun and that's it."
From Marri on Sept. 21: "Mother is still on vacation. The week was regular but on wednesday I went to mutual which was a studio c marathon wth caramel apples and popcorn. On friday we had a movie late night and on Saturday Steven came over and Sara and Grandma. Grandma came to give us lasagna. It's going to be delicious!"
From Sophie on Sept. 21: "This week I went on a date with daddy. I had a soccer game. I got a student council essay. It was good. Taylor came over."
From Scott on Sept. 28: "I had fun htis week. Mommy is coming tonight. I had my last soccer game and I got a medal. I played with Hayden. It was fun. Apple day was fun. I got 2 apples to eat. We did apple activities. Carnival was this week and got tons of stuff. Steven came. That's it.
From Scott on Sept. 28:
For the rest of the time, I guess the kids helped Rob who had to dad and work simetaneously, went to school, went to the school carnvial, saw Steven and Savanna, had movie nights, got ready for school pictures, went to the temple open house, played their last soccer games, had activity days and mutual and went on individual dates with Rob. He's a pretty awesome guy like that.
From Cecily on Sept. 14: "It was Jetta's birthday and Savanna came. We had a lot of fun and that's it."
From Marri on Sept. 21: "Mother is still on vacation. The week was regular but on wednesday I went to mutual which was a studio c marathon wth caramel apples and popcorn. On friday we had a movie late night and on Saturday Steven came over and Sara and Grandma. Grandma came to give us lasagna. It's going to be delicious!"
From Sophie on Sept. 21: "This week I went on a date with daddy. I had a soccer game. I got a student council essay. It was good. Taylor came over."
From Scott on Sept. 28: "I had fun htis week. Mommy is coming tonight. I had my last soccer game and I got a medal. I played with Hayden. It was fun. Apple day was fun. I got 2 apples to eat. We did apple activities. Carnival was this week and got tons of stuff. Steven came. That's it.
From Scott on Sept. 28:


0 comments:
Post a Comment